Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday, December 17, 2009

O.k., so my laptop is busted so I can't update at night like I like to. Anyway, I'll have to carve out waking hours to update the blog if I'm going to do it. This post will cover several things seen across several days. Also, I think this may be the last day that I use the date as the title for the post, that way it's not as obvious how much time goes in between posts.

Last week I drove with a co-worker through Madison and out into the county. I always like making drives like this because of the diversity of houses that I pass. There's always the obligatory trailers - single-wides, double-wides, well maintained and shoddy. I always look at these and ask myself this question: "Are these people happy?" With everyone's pursuit of their own American dream, is this theirs'? Did they want to live in the country and are they happy living where they're living and working where they're working? I have to think that for some they truly are. I knew people growing up who lived in trailers and they were usually happy. It makes me look at my life and I wonder if I'd be o.k. if that's where I ended up. I'd like to think that I'm deep enough that I don't need material possessions to be happy but I don't know that I am. It just makes me think...

Something else that I've taken notice of lately is the resurgence of the station wagon. Pay attention while you're driving and look at the number of new station wagons you see. Granted they call them other things today but they are all essentially station wagons. I guess there's nothing new under the sun. One thing that really excited me a couple of days ago though was a Ford Flex with faux wood grain paneling on the sides! THE WOODY IS BACK! I gotta tell you, if loving wood-grained accent on the outsides of station wagons is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

Two other items of note:
I saw a doctors office with a sign out front that said "Urgent Care: No Appointment Necessary". I would hope that you wouldn't need to make an appointment for an urgent medical condition. "Yeah, I'm planning on being in a pretty serious car accident tomorrow afternoon, could I get an appointment at say 3:30?"

I also saw what is possible the greatest promotion offered by a bank ever: open a checking account and receive a free Snuggie! I am so getting one!!!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Will you wear your snuggie while driving your woody back to your trailer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sincerely don't know if the world could handle that trifecta of awesomeness...

    ReplyDelete