Monday, November 2, 2009

Friday, October 30 - Sunday, November 1, 2009

I'll be covering the whole weekend with this post.

To start with, Friday started off looking bleak and rainy but at one point I looked up and there was one clear patch of sky that was bright blue in the middle of the clouds. It was really cool to see and reminded me a lot of my life... mostly cloudy with brief glimpses of clarity!

I saw a couple of guys cramming a huge amount of black tubing into the back of a Range Rover... it really did not look like they were going to be able to drive it away. What's more, it was outside of a bar downtown... so I'm not really sure what to do with that??

I saw one of these in a parking lot:



I'd never seen one of these before but I think it'd be fun to have one of those and just travel around to see what's going on. I say that but in actuality I would much rather drive around the country in one of these:



Of course, I doubt I could afford one tank of gas, much less the actual cost of the motor coach!

I also saw a blue Chrysler Crossfire with a tag that said "VOTEDEM" and various Obama and Democrat miscellanea. It was actually refreshing to see, especially in Huntsville. Not because I necessarily agree with all of the beliefs of either party but because it was someone who was doing more than taking a stand. The lady who owned the car was taking a stand at a personal cost. She had to pay for the tag and drive around in a very conservative part of America. It's easy to take a stand by slapping a sticker on your car, but she knew what she believed in and was spreading the word!

Finally, I saw this while driving to church at 7:00 on Sunday morning.



This reminded me of 1 Corinthians 13:12 "...Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." It gave me something interesting to think about on my way to church... 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment